Mike Hawthorne Edition 001
Introducing our first edition in the "Working Artist" Collection of notebooks and sketchbooks. Featuring original artwork by "Deadpool" artist, Mike Hawthorne.
This limited edition pack comes with two different covers, each featuring exclusive artwork from Marvel Comics artist, Mike Hawthorne. A master at visual storytelling, Hawthorne set out to create a world that manages to be simple in its focus and complex in its rendering. As is so often the case, before peace must come war. Like the creation of art, these covers represent the destruction and struggle that is often part of the process of creating something beautiful, something new.
On the inside, Hawthorne includes one of his signature drawing lessons, which he uses regularly when teaching at the Pennsylvania College of Art and Design. And, with the sale of each pack, a sketchbook will be given to an art student in an underserved community.
The first batch of donations will go to York City School District, an urban school system that has fallen to difficult financial times of late. As an alumnus of York City Schools, Hawthorne recalls how art, and easy access to art supplies, changed the course of his life. Since then, budget cuts have made his story increasingly less common. Those memories fuel his desire to give back to the school that gave him a voice.
- Total Print Run = 5000 packs. (Each pack will feature two exclusive covers)
- Size - 5.25" x 7.75"
- Paper Weight- 70# Cougar Natural Smooth (Same paper featured in the Pocket Staple Notebook)
- Cover Stock - 100# Environment Desert Storm
- Staples - Black
- Each Pack = One Sketchbook donation to a young artist with a story to tell.
- Printed and Manufactured in York, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Finished product may vary slightly from images shown.