Story Supply Co.
"ITHACA" Limited Edition Release
Volume 1, Issue 1, "ITHACA" is the first in our new limited release series.
Ithaca comes just in time to celebrate National Poetry Month with a nod to Homer's Odyssey. Taking its cues from the depth of texture and imagery in Homer's epic poem, Ithaca asks you to look at the obstacles that drive your story.
Odysseus' desire to return to his home symbolizes the struggles we all have in our own lives. Each one of us has our own version of Ithaca—creative projects we put off, personal goals that feel out of reach, lost loves, the occasional flesh eating cyclops, vengeful gods who will stop at nothing to create obstacles that stand in our way.
And yet, it is through these struggles that we learn and grow. It is through the journey that we come to understand what it means to be human. And so, we persist, and we endure, and we await the Rosy-fingered dawn that brings a new day.
- Comes in Pocket Staple 3 packs (3.5 x 5.5) and Prime Staple 2 packs (5.25 x 8)
- Pocket Staple = 48 Dot Grid Pages, Prime Staple = 64 Dot Grid Pages
- Blue Ink on Blue Linen Paper Cover Stock that mimics the many layers of Homer's Odyssey. (Blue is also significant because the word for blue never appears in Homer's original greek work. The sea is described as wine colored. The sky is often bronze or rose, never blue.)
- Inside cover that references scenes and imagery from the epic poem
- Orange Staples
- Smooth 70# Natural Text Stock (same as our other notebook offerings)
- Odysseus' journey is long, but this print run is short. We are running 300 packs of the pocket-sized 3 packs and 200 packs of the A5ish 2 packs.
Orders will start shipping on April 23, 2018